halfshellvenus: (Default)
[personal profile] halfshellvenus
Yesterday's bike ride was better than Friday's, mainly because there was very little wind. I still had to rest for 7-10 minutes at the halfway point (9.5 miles downriver), and spent a lot of time coughing my lungs clear. But I didn't have the headwind on the way back that just exhausts me. So, that was encouraging. I actually would not have stopped to rest again on the way back, either, except that my right hand was getting persistently numb. And yes, my rides are shorter now. They used to be 20-21 "speed" miles long, and now they're 18-18.5.

All that coughing makes me wonder if the inhaler I use for exercise-related asthma is really doing the job? This is the second one I've had that sometimes ejects only part of the dose. There's a Cipla recall, but that's not the manufacturer mine uses. :(

After the ride, I cleaned up and ran some errands, including getting cat food and a new scratching post. The old post was great, because I could buy replacement 'towers' for it. But the fiberboard finally degraded to the point where the tower wobbles, and the cat won't use it. So, time to start over again.

HalfshellHusband and I saw The Heart Of The Beast last night, which was really good. Harrowing and very moving. Never take the Alaskan wilderness lightly! We're hoping to get out for at least one more movie date before HSH has his foot surgery at the beginning of November and we become housebound for 3 months. Sadly, we seem to have missed The Dog Stars, but we'll catch it on streaming at some point. Or, I will and maybe The Boy (we both read the book). HSH is not big on post-apocalyptic anything, whereas The Boy and I love a good dystopian tale. :D

I'll ride again today, and hope the wind holds off. Maybe also on Monday? My office has a regular 2pm Monday meeting that usually torpedoes that possibility, but it might get cancelled. Tuesday goes back up to 94F, kicking off at least a week of temps in the 93-97F range again. Uggghhhh. Why does summer never END here? :(

Profile

halfshellvenus: (Default)
halfshellvenus

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12 345
6789101112
13141516171819
20 21222324 2526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 07:58 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios